Friday, January 11, 2013

Dreams

I dream when I sleep.

I've had some surreal abstract bizarre dreams, some startling, but also some real I sometimes think that is the reality and this the state of unconsciousness.

1/11/2013
This morning I awoke and remembered dreaming that I'd gotten a job that I'd applied for.  I don't remember why my husband was there at the office (getting ready to leave) looking dashing and wearing a white with thin lined hash patterned.  I'd say plaid but then I'd think tartan, or checked, but then I'd think multi-colored.  The threads reading the hash marks were probably deep red and blue, but the squares they made were about 3/4" white.  I don't know why I am spending so much time describing it other than it caught my attention to this length.

The husband in my dream was a man I've never met or seen, as far as I can think.  I remember a feeling - not of gushing love, but fondness, contentment, and maybe even a bit proud.  Also, when asked his age I gave the age of G... who died.

The job was not a high paying one, but it was better than not being employed, it was in the department next to the one I currently work in - at much higher pay, but as a temporary employee - still I'm doing my thing here, there I would not be, it would be "work" vs. "career."  Again...it's a job as an actual employee.

The Director of the department that oversees this department in real life (...sigh...) was the head of this department in my dream and he was kind (as he is) and showed me around and told me about various things in the department and seemed interested in other things in my life (as a human being, where some employers act as though any life outside of the workplace is secondary and unimportant).

What I've forgotten, is what happened just before this....it was why my husband was there....it was why I needed to take with me something(s)....

There were a couple other people in the office when I first was told about it and came over to my new "chair" which was ....?...at a counter?  ...with a window separating the office from the 'customer'?  ...don't know why because this job is back office contacts by phone/email sort of thing.  Anyway the other people (women) were familiar, but not necessarily from work.

It was satisfaction, I think.  A beginning.

The 0 - Fool card.



Am I coming out from a dark unaware unenlightened ignorance, ready to accept an opportunity even if it is not a challenging or rewarding one?  Am I about to take my first steps again, into a new life?  Is this the precursor to a rebirth or is this a rebirth?  

....hmmm...I think if it were the first steps, then it is a bit of a let down...settling for something because it is needed?  Wouldn't it be more fulfilling, more meaningful if it was an opportunity?  An opportunity implies the possibility of more, better, challenging things to come, doesn't it?  It does to me I think.  Whereas, settling implies (to me) stepping down or to the side and accepting that, making a commitment to accept that.

Perhaps the precursor, for some reason the 0 card came to mind - why? - maybe it augers something that is coming soon - a rebirth, of sorts, a new beginning, a do-over...?

Peace Out...

BB,
~LM

No comments:

Post a Comment