Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Oh, the Places You'll Go!


What a great theme for the 124th Tournament of Roses Parade!

Based on the book by Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go, the parade was full of imagination (as it often is) and animals.  Well, with Jane Goodall, not only the Grand Marshall of the parade, but actually reading the book to us...well, of course there would be animals.

It has always interested me that these floats are covered entirely in organic material...amazing...crushed walnuts, cranberry leaves, plants, flowers, and of course roses.  So many of them are elaborate and painstakingly constructed some by laying each element individually by hand.  There has to be a lot of love in that, how else could someone design, plan, and build such an elaborate and temporary piece of beauty.

It will be my theme for the year, it is my will, so may it be.  I will need to pick up a copy of this book to read through, again, myself.



My immediate goal this year is to find a job.  Hopefully it will be in a positive nurturing environment where my skills and talents are needed and appreciated and from which I can afford to pay my bills (which are modest). 

May this job include or provide for travel to various places, but this year, close to home - US & Canada.

First up, Montana, at a ranch in a northern bit of the Rocky Mountains that live in southern Montana.



In 17 days I get to go to the mountains in Montana to go dog-sledding, zip-lining, and tubing! 








There may also be a couple trips to San Antonio this summer.

A friend of mine from Washington State and I may be visiting some other friends of ours in Chicago this fall.

And we'll see where all of this will take me, physically.

There are other places I would like to go:
To find my footing strong on my path.
To find my bliss.
To be in balance, physically, yes, but in all ways, too.
Write a Coe Revue (maybe someday actually do it).
Finish a draft of Found (and come up with a better title).

Oh, the Places I will go.....

1 comment:

  1. I love dogs and would love to go sledding with them. It sounds like an adventure trip, not a relaxing one, but maybe for that to.

    ReplyDelete