Thursday, January 24, 2013

The times they are a changin'

Wake me when someone gets a clue!

I have issues too, I get that, but these sound bite folks and celebrity types that have anything to say other than the lines they are paid to speak, sing, or plays they are taught to make really need to back on out to their dressing/locker rooms and decorated offices, chill to their luxury and shut the heck up about ANYTHING!!!!

Career politicians, for the very, very, very most part, you seem some kind of mutant celebrity so this is meant for you as well.  To qualify this, there are a few that have earned my respect over the years - people who did it for the service - yes, I really believe that of some of them.  Many will not want to hear my opinion of who those few are, so I won't announce it in this medium, just know that I think they exist.  For the rest of them...oh, would that your constituents would wake up, read a book, become informed and vote.  Marking a big "X" next to a name does not indicate that you want everyone to know you do NOT want that person in office...yep, it's that bad in some cases.

People...I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope you start to think of others, show some respect, share the love and act neighborly, but I'm not naive enough to hold my breath.

This is not new.  The times that are changing are not the ignorance, or stupidity of the common person, nor is it the arrogance of the wealthy.  No.  Well, not exclusively, no.

The times that are changing are that I am beginning not to care.  I hope those few who still do, still will.  I hope that I do not cease in my caring, but gather strength, a second wind and care on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment