Saturday, January 26, 2013

Saturday

Saturday, Saturday, ever-lovin' Saturday!

Come Saturday morning...I'm goin' away with my friends...  <== not really, just singing to myself.

I do have Saturday stuff to do - Observe and Remember - being the highest among them.

I think I might try to learn about Saturn today. I know virtually nothing about the planet. What I learn I will include in this spot here: [




Saturn Notes:
1. It is thought (I say this because I don’t know what actual analyzed samples have come from the actual planet) that there is an outer layer of gases, though I don’t know what type.
2. Beneath the outer layer is an inner (or intermediate) layer of hydrogen and helium gases.
3. Beneath this layer is a deep layer of metallic hydrogen and under that, it is not certain, but may be a core of rock made of silicon and oxygen compounds), nickel and iron.
4. Of the five planets (Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn) that can be seen with the naked eye (if you know where to look and what you are looking for), Saturn is the most distant and in the night sky looks like a bright yellow dot.
5. Saturn’s orbit around the sun is about 29 & ½ Earth-years.
6. Saturn is probably most know (it is to me, at least) because of its rings. There are 9 main rings and 3 partial rings (arcs). They are made up of ice, rocks and dust.
7. 62 moons are said to orbit Saturn and 53 at least have been named. There are many more within the rings, perhaps.
              Earth comparisons:
1.       It has a larger volume
2.       About 95 times more massive
3.       9 times the radius (that would be from the inner most core point – to any point on its surface)
4.      BUT, only 1/8 the density
 ...more stuff about Saturn to come....
]
 
I have some stuff to pack up and put away, go to the gym/exercise class, too…projects that I want to put off!

Interviews are coming up, so I need to look at my wardrobe and think about possible questions/answers, do some company research...yep, lots to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment