Monday, December 17, 2012

Good Eating - Milk/Dairy

I remember hearing once that milk is the perfect food.  If one was to be trapped somewhere and could only choose one thing to eat/drink, milk should be the choice.  There is protien, vitamins, hydration...pure goodness.  Starting with the most natural nurturing nutrition a babe in arms could receive, milk is a good choice!



I wouldn't say that I am lactose intolerant, but as I've grown up it has been noticable to me that I cannot partake of dairy the way I was able to as a youth.  That may be as it should be.  I am not among them, but there are some who are unable or have chosen not to consume natural dairy products, and for them there are other sources of calcium and other goodnesses (I love making fun words) that I get in milk.

I like the taste of milk, too, a definite checkmark in the "Pro" column for any food, as far as I am concerned.

I drink at least 2 cups of skim milk daily.  That is my intake, it works for me and I don't notice any dairy issues when I keep to skim milk.  I keep a bottle in the small fridge at work, sometimes it travels home and back, sometimes it stays put.  Plus, it is perfect with my oatmeal...wink...

BB,
~LM

No comments:

Post a Comment