Sunday, December 9, 2012

Social Butterflying

I'm not really a social butterfly, but 'tis the season and all that because I have a pretty full dance card. 

Very un-me. 

I am the loudest, most out-going, introvert one might ever meet.  It's true.  If I accept an invitation to a social event, I usually spend much time between the accepting of said invitation and the event looking for excuses not to go.

That has been true most of my life.  Of course, I sometimes do go, and am almost always glad I do, but well, it's just another of my quirks.

Friday, was a small get together where some great old classics were played, I danced a bit (great exercise) and chatted with some of my family.

Saturday (yesterday), arrived with two seasonal events on my agenda; first, the DAR holiday luncheon and second, the COLS Christmas dinner. 

Today, was a down day, a bit of organizing/cleaning, but mostly, I've been a slug.  Tomorrow I am going to take in a Zumba class, not a social activity, but I can't always be a slug or a party girl.

Tuesday is another Dinner Party and I plan to not back out of it.

Socializing is something that is way out of my comfort zone, so it's a good emotional exercise for me to get out and connect with people.  I don't know what I'm afraid of, I don't have a fan club so if someone doesn't want to join it, my feelings won't be hurt.  Actually, I'm feeling very positive about these parties...whodathunkit?

It is also fun to have a reason to dress up once in a while.  My little black velvet dress is getting some use.  What's not to like about LBDs?  They are so easy to dress up or down, even for those of us who are fashion-challenged.

So party on friends, be kind and giving.  Reach out to each other and share some positive open energy.

BB,

~LM

No comments:

Post a Comment