Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Taking a Fancy to Doors

Occasionally, when I travel, across town or over the ocean, something captures my attention and I collect whatever it is.  Sometimes they are pictures I take, sometimes only with my mind's eye, some I look back on and wonder - what were you thinking - but this particular trip and this particular collection I still enjoy.

It is a bit of a detour, but not out of the city limits. 

Once when I was in Scotland, I took a fancy to doors.  A few of them made their way home on my camera, most are in my memory.  It was a time of big change, and looking back, doors were appropriate; many I had access to, others I didn't.  Some I was attracted to, others I wasn't.  A few tried to attract me (yeah, it's weird), but I just wasn't into it.

So many doors, which to look at, which to knock on, which to open, which to walk past....?

Open door.

A blue door split down the middle, opens out onto the road-ish way.

An iron door closed the close...

Really cool bell pull!

Puffin Cottage

Red Door on the Royal Mile.

Blue door, take 2.

This picture does not do these door justice they are very tall!

Bell tower door.

A white door and a front garden.
 BB,
~LM

No comments:

Post a Comment