Friday, December 7, 2012

Surviving Boot Camp I

I did it!

Making it through this class was difficult to say the least.  More than once I asked myself, “Why didn’t you start with something a little less intense?”  Maybe I should have, but I’m glad I didn’t.  Yes it was hard.  No, I was not able to do every move or keep their count their 1-2-3-4- was to me at times (many times) 1 - & - 2 &, when I felt I was hitting the limit I’d jog in place or learn the steps slower without the risers or hops.  The important thing was that I went, I kept moving and I lived to tell the tale.

This class had so much packed into it, sprinting, steps, kicks, jumps, weights, serious moves to hip-hop music.  It's a great class and I learned in Yoga many many years ago, when you begin you may not be able to move into it as deeply as you will eventually with practice, it's ok to modify, it's healthier to modify.  So....I...uh...modified, and hope to get better and move deeper and faster as I continue.

Yes, I'm still fearful of jumping, hopping or anything that involves sudden unpracticed moves with weight bearing on my ankles.  I plan to overcome that fear ...wait for it...

At the end my face was beat red (hard not to notice when you are facing a wall of mirrors) and I had released so many toxins; I needed water, a hot shower and a chill session, so I did not stay for the PiYo class.  BUT, I did sign up for next week’s Boot Camp!

Between now and then I may try a class or treadmill/read session, but I don’t want to 1) get hurt, 2) over extend myself to the point of exhaustion - that is not healthy and it is the flu season, or 3) give up because I bit off too much.

 Note to self: bring small towel for sweat puddles, the tissues didn't cut it.
BB,
~LM

No comments:

Post a Comment