Thursday, December 6, 2012

Move It!

Boot Camp!!!!!  Oh my…

Well, I've committed myself and I will go. It sounds a bit intimidating, but it is a 50 minute class to help full body, cardio, and conditioning, and it has been too long - I need to jump in at the deep end.

Yoga and Aqua Fit used to be important parts of my life, I enjoyed classes and working alone.  I felt so much better and I believe that radiated beyond me and to those around me. 

Life stepped in, though, and I had to quit, it was a choice made for me, not only by my desire.  But it’s been almost 2 full years since my last leg surgery, though only about a year since I graduated from physical therapy and it’s time. 

It is time to end the pity party, time to quit wanting change without doing anything different in my daily life, it’s time to show up, step up and step out in this facet of my journey. 

The important thing, for me here, is to actually take this step on my path, not only to intend to. 

If Boot Camp doesn’t kill me, I told them I’d stay for the PiYo class (combo Pilates & Yoga)…we’ll see. 

“There is no try!” [You, Yoda, thank]

I will not overdo it, I will not exhaust myself, but I will do my best to keep up and give it what I have.  It is my hope (we’ll see after class if I can turn that into more than a hope) that this is the beginning and not a one off. 

But even if this class is a one-time thing, at least I changed…something about me.  I made a decision that is no longer in my comfort zone and I stuck with it until it was complete.  From there…well, we’ll see where my path leads me…




AquaFit is still my favorite class, but before I can jump in the water I will need a new swimsuit (don't want to cause any hysterical blindness) and it’s not the time of year when they are readily found in the mid-west.  Water is important; I like the feel, the taste, the sound and look of water in natural rivers, streams, lakes and seas, as well as pools…though I do NOT do hot-tubs…just…not…my…thing.

Oh, and please write to me, I hear that mail call is really important during boot camp!

BB,

~LM

No comments:

Post a Comment