Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Good Eating - Oats

I like oats.  It is probably my favorite grain and, how rare is this, it is actually healthy!  Yay!!!! 


I eat oats almost daily to help with cholesterol.  I don’t have a problem with cholesterol and I would like to keep it that way. 

Oatmeal is filling, too.  I usually eat a serving of oatmeal porridge; with a smidge of maple or brown sugar and I add a spoonful or two of chopped pecans (not processed), they add extra protein and crunch.

The dry unsweetened oat cereal (without using its brand name which kind of rhymes with beer-me-flows) is great for snacking on and it helps when my stomach is a bit queasy.

I’ve been known to eat some straight from the tin/carton of steel cut oats.



Not being a qualified dietician or nutrition expert,  I will not speak to direct health benefits, but look them up there are a lot. 

I really need to stop telling myself lies about what I put in my mouth.  I mean really…lying to myself?  True, unfortunately, though I eventually call myself out on it, but not until I’ve finished eating whatever it was I was lied to by myself about.

Instead of attacking all that I shouldn’t consume, I am concentrating on those things I do or can begin adding that are healthier choices.  Oatmeal, I’m sticking with it and I think it will serve me well!

For me, oats are good eating!

BB,
~LM

No comments:

Post a Comment