Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas, Dan


Merry Christmas, my Appleberry Blintz! 
 

When will people learn?!  Apoacalypse-schmocalypse - when it happens - it happens, and I for one do not fear it.  Though there might be frightening things that go on during it, I will know that soon only goodness and light will surround us.
 

I had hoped to get up Chicago way this last fall, but alas alack ‘twas not meant to be.  I hope the coming year brings it to pass.  Or a Homecoming in Cedar Rapids!  That might be fun, huh?  If we start planning and saving our pennies we can make it happen.


There are times when I am not on fb much, but have been trying to peek in every now and again because it is a great way to keep in touch.  I’ve also been blogging, some I share between sites, some I keep only on my blog; it’s mostly a place where I note what I’m doing for me – to make me a better person as a whole – peeling off the layers to find who I used to be – I know I’ll never be her again, but I needed a “do over” and this is my way of accomplishing that.

 I hope and pray that you and Tamaye (yikes, I hope I spelled that right) have a great year in 2013 and beyond, may you bask in your friendship and love.


You will always have a Styrofoam covered place in my heart, I love you dearly and miss you.  Did you see the song I dedicated to you and our other friends (Carol King’s, Now and Forever)?  When I think of that song I remember you, Missy, Dennis, Sir Thomas, Ashley, Betz….  I listen to it intentionally every once in a while to see what memories it conjures, but I always…always see the two of us cutting Styrofoam sheets, your arm band after Mr. John Lennon died, our massage lesson in the black box – that was an odd class, never knew what Prof Puf was going to come up with!

Listen to Now and Forever, the words express so well what I feel for you!

I miss the tears,
I miss the laughter,
I miss the day we met and all that followed after.

 
It is because I can feel things like this that I know there is God.

 
Merry Christmas, my dear dear friend. 

Brightest Blessings,

~LM

No comments:

Post a Comment